1. Payment information
Brady Cases keeps your payment details and everything secure and confidential. We do not share any payment details with any other party and when you purchase online through the cart, it never even gives us the credit card number so it is not stored.
Brady Cases sometimes uses targeted marketing. When you visit our website, you could have an custom ad specific to what you were looking for. We definitely don't want to spam you, but to provide ads to you that are relevant to your shopping behaviors.
For example, if you visit an our website and shop for a pedal board our on of our products, you may later serve you with targeted ads for as a friendly reminder as you browse the internet or through other channels, such as emails. Don't worry, we aren't stalking you :) We just want to remind you about what you had shopped for and eventually after a period of time you will no longer see those ads unless you visit our site again.
3. Ad services
We have a few services that collect basic information that be used to provide suggestions or advertisements to you on other sites and they may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Advertiser website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on the Advertiser's website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Advertiser's website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some Advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us, such as your "Customer ID" with an Advertiser or an identifier associated with a hashed (not readable) version of your email address. We may work with these Advertising Partners to synchronize their unique, anonymous identifiers to our own to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
- Email and Postal Addresses from Advertisers: Some Advertisers choose to share actual email addresses and postal addresses about their customers with us, so that (with the help of Advertising Partners) we can help the Advertiser serve targeted ads to customers. Also, we may assist an Advertiser with sending emails to customers. We use the Advertiser's supplied e-mail and postal addresses for the purpose of assisting that particular Advertiser.
- Hashed email addresses: If an Advertiser allows, we may collect hashed versions of the emails that are entered on that Advertiser’s site. These hashed emails are used as an additional identifier to help us better target ads for Advertisers, including across multiple devices or browsers.
- This data is used to to help identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. This data is also used to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
4. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you:
- Products you have looked at on our website (and just our website, we do not access any browsing history that you do outside of our website).
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Brady Cases or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We also share hashed email addresses (or other identifiers associated with those hashes), technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information with other third parties.
5. Cookies and related technologies
There is typically 1 or 2 cookies that you can clear from your browser that will be listed as "Brady Cases" or similar. Also, some of our advertising companies that help with directing specific and relevant ads to you may be included, such as an AdRoll cookie named “__adroll” or others. Contact us for a full list or you can use "private browsing", "Incognito" or choose the option to block cookies. We may also drop an additional AdRoll opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below. We may also drop cookies from our website for the purposes described above.
6. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
One of our advertising sites, AdRoll, is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choiceswebsite.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. Contact us on our website to have your information purged.
7. Data retention
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for 13 months, after which time we employ measures to de-identify the data by removing unique identifiers and truncating associated IP addresses. Purchases made on our website are stored indefinitely for use to reference previous orders or maintain contact info for warranty purposes, etc.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing. All payment information on our website is SSL encrypted.
9. International transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws. For example, if we transfer your information from the European Economic Area to a country outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as entering into EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
11. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Use of emails, product photos or reviews.
We do reserve the right to post photos of current projects, reviews on social media and our website unless otherwise requested that it is a strictly confidential project or a non-disclosure agreement has been made.